Monroe Building

    Table of contents
    No headers

    Version as of 18:11, 31 Oct 2020

    to this version.

    Return to Version archive.

    View current version

    This business is listed in the 19201921 and 1925 Chandler City Directories as being on San Marcos Place, near Commonwealth Ave. The 1929 directory gave the address as 6 San Marcos Place.

    Built by the Chandler Improvement Company, this building is named for merchant M.E. Monroe, who opened the Monroe Hardware Store in the bottom portion. It later became the Parkway Theatre, opened by the Woods family in 1945. For a photo, go to: